What Information do we handle and collect?
- We automatically receive information about what products our customers have browsed most. Along with what browser type, length of time spent browsing and IP address details.
- When placing an order, all customers are required to fill out their delivery and billing address, e-mail and contact phone number. All of these are required for us to sell you furniture and ensure the delivery process runs smoothly.
- Every order you make with us is recorded in our system and can always be reffered back to, particularly if you still have your order reference number. However we do NOT store ANY payment details, our payments are handled through the secure third party payment gateway PayPal (see below for more information on payment security).
- When asking us a question or query about a product, or even just saying hello, your e-mail address will only be used to answer the question raised. Providing us with your email address in this way does not sign you up to newsletters or updates from Big Blu Furniture, nor is your address passed on to any third parties.
What do we do with this information?
- Cookies are used on our website to enhance and customise your shopping experience with us as much as possible. By using cookies our website can remember all your basket contents and any details entered into the checkout stages to prevent you having to enter them again before placing an order. When you return to our site having already placed an order your name and email will be stored within the first stage of our checkout process to make the process smoother and easier for you.
- Any information with regards to browser type, IP address and time spent browsing is used to assist us in assessing our advertising campaigns and website functionality. For example, if we see that customers who use a certain type of browser never spend any longer than a few seconds on our site it may mean we have a problem with our site that only appears in this particular browser. This information also helps us to understand how many people like to come back to our site, even if they never bought anything. We have tried our utmost to make the browsing process as smooth and as pleasant as possible and this helps us to see how successful we have been in this, and where we need to improve.
- Information that our customers provide, such as phone numbers and delivery/billing addresses are used specifically for the purpose of processing orders. All receipts are sent to the customers email address.
- We do not share or sell ANY of your information details to any other party for marketing purposes. When you provide us with your email address for example, you will only ever receive communication from Big Blu Furniture.
- All customer delivery details and contact information will be relayed to our courier company. Our courier company neither share this information with any third party nor use this information for any other purpose than for organising the delivery of your order.
- All payments taken on our website are handled by PayPal, a secure third party service that specialises in online payments (see below for more details about PayPal). Big Blu Furniture never handles or stores any of your card details.
- Every couple of months Big Blu Furniture likes to update our customers with our latest products and furniture ranges via email. You may unsubscribe from these updates by clicking the unsubscribe link at the foot of each of these emails.
- We use PayPal to process all of our online payments. PayPal is a secure third party service that specialises in online payment gateways. More information about PayPal can be found below.
- Each time you order a product from us, you will redirected to the PayPal secure server to fill in your payment details. Big Blu Furniture NEVER aquires or sees your card details. All Big Blu needs from you is your address and some contact information so we are able to deliver your furniture.
Some tips from us
We strive to protect your details and work to ensure your shopping experience with us is as safe and as smooth as it can be, however there are a few things you can do to help keep your details safe too. Here is some advice from us:
- Maintain unique passwords for your PayPal account. Ensure that they are hard to guess and that you change them regularly.
- Ensure that your computer has good antivirus and anti-spyware protection and that this is kept up to date regularly.
- Install personal firewall software to detect and block out any unauthorised internet connections that could compromise your computers security.
- Keep your browser up to date! Often your browser will keep you posted with new updates but it’s worth checking their website to ensure you have their latest version. This doesn’t just help with security, it also improves your overall browsing experience on our site.